Sunday, April 10, 2016

Fabulous 50th Reunion

Bourgade High School was opened in September 1962 with just a freshman class.  We grew each year as a big family of friends.  In 1966 we were the first graduating class.   There were 130 of us -16  have gone on to higher heaven

Saturday, April 2nd,  we held our 50th class reunion.  We had 76 attendees with over 50 as classmates.   Some had never attended a reunion and many came from out of town. 

We held the night event at a classmate's home with a huge yard.  This was no ordinary garden party.  We had music from our day with a wonderful gazebo to dance under.  No paper plates and red solo cups for us.  We had the nicer stuff.  Great food and drink and desserts were enjoyed by all.

Friday, April 1st,  we had a gathering just for the gals and we had 20 of us enjoying drinks and Mexican food and LOTS of talking and catching up.

Such fabulous fun.  I made swag bags and items for the attendees.  Our Blue Angel logo was applied to Coolies along with the person's first initial.  I made Luggage tags with last initials .  I inserted a copy of our fight song and the class 1966 Last Will and Testament also.  Name badges etc.

One of the gals on our planning committee had a ton of memorabilia to share.  She had our play programs, school newspapers, pictures, and year books.  We even had an original cheerleader outfit to display.  We had men and ladies letter sweaters.  Some of the guys still fit in theirs!

I claim the saying that I still fit in my earrings from High School and that is about it.

We are still a very close group - all terrific people men and women still friends regardless of marital status etc.  

Look forward to seeing everyone again soon.


Reunion Committee
 
 



 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Sylvia (Flowered top) and I have been best friends since September 1962
 



 
 


Great wall of lights and setting



Swag Bags



 


Coolies    Men Royal Blue  Lades Tan





Luggage Tags
 

No comments:

Post a Comment