We went to the Grand Canyon for three days. We had not been there in 38 years. The hole is the same, but we had never stayed at the rim before. We stayed in the Maswick Lodge. It was about 1/4 mile from the rim. Very clean and quiet. It has a cafeteria style restaurant and a terrific pizza/beer pub.
We took all the bus routes and enjoyed EVERY stop on all of them. We did one for the Sunset and it was very stunning. The bus drivers were a hoot.
It is truly amazing all the different textures and colors you find there.
We had quite a fun time with the Elk and Deer. They were wandering all around the Visitor Center parking lot. We had to walk by them at the hotel going to breakfast and to the bus several days. It is their territory and they were eating away everywhere. So fun to be so close.
My friend Cornelia had given me a zip tote pattern, along with zipper and fabric she bought a year ago at the Sewing Expo in Washington. We finally got together to sew this tote. Directions seemed complicated at first, but it was a very nice tote when finished. If you want the bag unzips totally flat so you can travel with it and use only when needed.
LOVE this Fabric !!!
In the last of my organizing I finished up in the garage. I emptied the little attic above the garage and two huge cabinets that are 8 ft x 4 ft by 3 ft and gave stuff to Marshall Ranch School and Goodwill.
I now am done with organizing. On to the yard and spring cleaning of windows patios etc. I need it nice out there as Dbacks baseball season is upon us and I watch outside alot!!!
Today, Ed and I went on a Culture Pass to the Phoenix Zoo. We were there when they opened at 9 am. Glad we only wanted to stay a short while ( two hours was really too long) - OMG ! I think that EVERY Kid age 6 months to 65 was there by 10 am!!! I guess with Spring Break still on - Grandparents visiting - Nice weather etc. it was a true ZOO!!!
Have had several days out with my friend Prissy for Doctors, etc. Meeting up with friends for Bunco night and lunch and fabric store shopping. Lovin Life.......




No comments:
Post a Comment