Saturday, February 9, 2013

Recent Sewing

I had preciously posted pictures of the T-shirt Quilt I made for my friend to give to her daughter for Christmas.   I returned the unused shirts, jackets, sweats, etc. to Lynda (the mom) when I was done.... Or so she thought.  I kept a few of the items and made a tote bag for her.   She enjoyed receiving the surprise gift.

Side A

Side B


I embroidered some towels for friends to have for Valentine's Day. 

 
 
 
 
Our February Sew N Sews project was a microwave hot pad bowl. Sylvia showed us how to make the padded bowl cradle with a lid to use in the microwave.  You place your ceramic/china bowl with soup, leftover, etc. to be warmed in the padded bowl and warm it in the microwave.  When done you can lift out the hot bowl without burning your hands thanks to the padded bowl underneath.... It also has a lid to keep splatters down  (ie not having to clean inside of microwave so often)  It is all made from 100% cotton so no fires in microwave....
 
A special thanks to Sylvia for her expertise!
 


 
 

2 comments:

Verity said...

I love reading up on all your wonderful crafts and quilting! :)

Sissie said...

You bowl hot pad turned out so pretty! Those towels are so cute!

Post a Comment