Thursday, August 18, 2011

What to do with fleece leftover pieces?

I belonged to a group of ladies who gathered for a nice lunch and good cheer.  During our two years of meetings we made over 100 fleece tied blankets for  several Childrens' Hospitals and Care Centers.  To prepare the fleece to tie into the blankets you need to cut squares of 4- 6" from each corner. Well , now what to do with the squares. I sewed the squares together and made over 40 pillows to donate along with the blankets.  Our group no longer meets and I had SOOOOOOO many squares left.  I just could not  bring myself to throw them out. I decided  to make some dog bed/mats with the remaining squares.  I have just completed 10  mats from the squares and will be donating them to a shelter soon.    And, I never want to see fleece for a VERY LONG time!

Here are pics of the mats.  I folded them up so you could see them all.



3 comments:

Sissie said...

Great job! OMG love your background change. I am going to copy you and do something else too.

Sew news said...

Thanks -dropped them off yesterday. The rescue was glad to get them. I'm glad to be rid of them

Verity said...

You're brave sewing fleece in the summer! :) I'm hot just thinking about it. Love your craftiness!

Post a Comment